...but perhaps you were beginning to think otherwise! Man, this summer has had its share of big events that have kept me busy. First, in June, I had to have my left "trigger thumb" repaired. The surgery wasn't that big a deal but I couldn't really use my left hand for a couple of weeks.
And for most of the spring and summer we were on death watch as Brian's mom declined, ever so slowly, from congestive heart failure. She finally left her earthly home on July 10th and I spent the next nine days doing many of the things related to making a memorial service happen. It occurred to me that weddings and funerals are just the same except with weddings you have six to nine months to plan it and with funerals you get just six to nine days.
The services were on Satuday, July 19th and the following Saturday, July 26th, the whole family, except Micah, went to Maui for a week. We had a blast and are now suffering from "Maui Separation Syndrome." I keep looking around for the gal who makes my bed and replaces and my towels, but I guess now that would be me.
But I hauled my camera and three lenses OK, in truth, Brian, my "camera Sherpa" hauled the equipment) all over the island and got a few decent photos to remember our adventure. If you want (and come on, you know you do), you can see the slide show somewhere on this page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We loved the vacation! Thank you so much.
Sweet picts!!! Thanks for not putting my whole body in a swimsuit on the internet. :) :) :)
I love the one you got of Luke going down the slide from your balcony. And so many colorful fishees!
Post a Comment