Well, according to broadcasters, advertisers, certain purveyors of food and entertainment, and (heaven forbid) AARP, in five days I will be officially old. Yup, it’s double nickels and I have to assume it’s all downhill from here.
As far as advertisers are concerned, they think I have no interest in buying anything other denture cleaner and Depends.
TV broadcasters assume I just watch reruns of Murder She Wrote and Matlock. The truth is I am still a Simpsons fan; I always record My Name is Earl and The Office; and although I am a writer, and therefore might have had some cosmic connection with the writers who rendered television nearly unwatchable this winter, I am livid that their labor dispute caused “24” to be delayed until January 2009.
As for radio programmers, they think I’m stuck in the 70s or listen to talk radio, but actually I am listening to Keith Urban and Rascal Flats.
On the upside I can now eat cheap at Denny’s, but the downsides are I’d have to eat at 4:00 and I’d have to eat at Denny’s.
Ya know, the only thing I can find good about turning 55 is that I can save $2:00 on a movie ticket. If not for my precious grandsons I’m sure I’d rather be ten years younger. If I can’t have that, I am grateful that I have the money so that I can afford the procedures that lull me into thinking I at least LOOK ten years younger. Happy Birthday to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I make a great old person because I love to eat around 4:30. Ryan collects his senior drink at Taco Bell. I refuse to do that. Besides, it is child size. Happy Late Birthday again and again and again. Can you tell I am in the blogging world now?
Post a Comment