
I had to do it. I just couldn't NOT do it.
Here's what happened. Over Thanksgiving weekend I told Luke, who will be eight on January 31st, that I had ordered a couple of Christmas presents for him.
"Whatchu get me, Grammie?" he asked excitedly.
"You know I won't tell you that."
"But what just tell me one thing!"
It went on like this for several days when I saw him or he called me to play Webkinz. Finally, exasperated, I said, "You want to know what I got you? I got you a bag of boogers!"
"You did not. There's no such thing."
"Oh yes I did, and yes there is," I assured him.
It went on like this until Christmas, when the second gift he opened was, indeed, a bag of boogers. It took me one whole afternoon with a jar of rubber cement and a tiny bowl of dirt (for authenticity) and tiny bowl of cornstarch (to keep them from sticking together) to create the fake boogers. When I was finished I put the boogers in a little net bag I got at the spa in Maui.
On Christmas night he was a little freaked out that they might be real so I told him they were fake. The next day I told him they were real and then he freaked out so I assured him they are rubber cement. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know one way or another now.

2 comments:
ha!!! still can't help but play the "i know something you don't know game," huh?? poor luke . . i know how it feels!! although, i have to say, i got something way better out of it than a bag of boogers! ;) but i do have to say, that was incredibly creative of you! i would expect nothing less! lol
That's hilarious!
Post a Comment