Saturday, January 17, 2009

Slam! Bam! And Doin' Dishes in the Bathroom Sink

So, after four months of choosing granite and porcelain tile and tumbled stone; and a ten week delay while nobody told me the cooktop I ordered hasn't even been put into production yet, the kitchen demo got underway on Wednesday. I have no cooktop, no countertops and no sinks. Well, that's not entirely true. I have an executive chef sink and a great laundry sink for our new laundry room. They are both in boxes on the floor. I can't cook. Well, that's not 100% true either. I can nuke stuff. But all the drawers and everything in the lower cabinets is stacked on three 8 foot long tables in the family room.

I totally cleaned the hall bathroom, which we are not using for its intended purpose while we use one of the sinks to wash the few dishes -- utensils, mostly -- that we generate. I'm holding on to the vision of how awesome this all will be when it's finished. I have no freaking clue when that will be!

2 comments:

Sally said...

My parents are about to start a huge kitchen remodel, too. They took all their appliances (stove, fridge, dishwasher) to Jana in October, but the contractors still can't start for another few weeks...so in the meantime, they're living out of the basement wet bar (thank God for that!) and cooking w/ a micro, toaster oven, and electric skillet. I'm way impressed with them and you guys making do w/ what you can! Can't wait to see pics of the new kitchen!

Mama2 said...

Where are the pictures?